Business Development Manager (Batavia, IL)
The Business Development Manager (BDM) is a strategic role at Eagle Flexible Packaging and is responsible and accountable for consistently increasing revenue through the generation of new business and further development of existing accounts. This position is the foundation to initiating and developing relationships with prospects and clients. The BDM will follow the Eagle Flexible Packaging’s sales process, which includes lead generation and prospecting by cold calling, lead follow ups and trade shows. This position will also be charged with uncovering specific client pain points and devising solutions based on Eagle’s product portfolio. The BDM will negotiate contract rates with clients, with a focus on company profitability goals and objectives. This position will need to partner with internal/external resources throughout the sales cycle as needed. Full and complete training will be provided as needed, industry experience is not necessary.
Essential functions, as defined under the Americans with Disabilities Act, may include any of the following representative duties, knowledge, and skills. This is not a comprehensive listing of all functions and duties performed by incumbents of this class; employees may be assigned duties which are not listed below; reasonable accommodations will be made as required.
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:*
- Provides quality leadership for Eagle’s external customers in all assigned tasks, while upholding Eagle’s Values at all times: inclusive of constructive problem solving, facilitating creative improvements, and inspiring others.
- Establishes an environment and foundation for future sales growth.
- Be a solutions provider that brings value-added solutions to Eagle’s customers.
- Prioritizes effectively and in accordance with corporate objectives.
- Proactively and continually source, collect, develop and manage all new and existing leads, markets, prospects and client.
- Travel as assigned to trade shows, site visits, on-site demonstrations, etc.
- Document and exchange all transactions, reports and lead status information into the company’s CRM system (Salesforce.com)
- Qualify, analyze and forecast sales opportunities.
- Generate business from new accounts consistent with new accounts plan.
- Performs other duties as assigned by your manager.
- Any and all assigned leads to be followed up within accordance to Eagles sales process as defined by VP of Sales
- All leads and accounts developed by the BDM to be handled and/or overseen with project management from start to finish
- The BDM position is a highly focused sales role. Selling into new accounts and growing existing accounts is the highest priority and main responsibility for this position
- Proactively seek out advice and knowledge to help speed the training process
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position.
• Problem solving—the individual identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
• Client/Employee focus—the individual manages difficult client/employee situations, responds promptly to employee needs, solicits employee feedback to improve service, responds to requests for service and assistance and meets commitments.
• Planning/organizing—the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
• Quality control—the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, monitors own work to ensure quality and applies feedback to improve performance.
• Quantity—meets productivity standards and completes work in a timely manner.
• Adaptability—the individual adapts to changes in the work environment, manages competing demands and is able to deal with frequent change, delays or unexpected events.
• Dependability—the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
• Safety and Security—the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
This job operates in a professional office environment along side a team of highly experienced people that are happy and willing to help for the success of the BDM and Eagle.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Ability to travel across the country is required and necessary 50% or more of the time
Required Education, Certification and Experience:
- 4 year degree in Business, Marketing or similar degree program or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Sales experience preferred
- Ideal candidate must be self-motivated, have excellent written skills, verbal communication and strong leadership skills.
- Candidate must have the ability and willingness to quickly learn through the Eagle training program
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management skills as well as very strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Must have a flexible schedule; ability to work nights and weekends.
- Clean driving record, comprehensive auto insurance and a reliable source of transportation.
- Must be proficient in MS Office software including Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- ERP system experience a plus. Sales Force experience a plus