Converting Press Trainer (Batavia, IL)
This position will be responsible for developing, managing, delivering and validating converting process training programs. Responsibilities of this role include leading on-the-job training (OJT) of staff as a subject-matter expert (SME), coordinating training schedules, training compliance monitoring, training system improvements, and on-boarding new members of the production team. This position will also be involved in the technical writing of training with documented authoring/revision on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities also include developing and maintaining training metrics to drive performance improvements through collecting and providing training for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Job Description:
- Conduct training sessions to instruct employees on company process, machinery on the plant floor and job training and individual coaching, as required.
- Improve the overall operational knowledge of converting department to include best practices, basic knowledge of detailed aspects, enabling troubleshooting of problems or situations that may be encountered within the converting manufacturing and print processes.
- Lead and develop Operations Excellence work processes for operator training program and validation.
- Find and capture opportunities to innovate and improve created value to customers and company. Coordinate inter-departmentally within manufacturing and commercial capabilities to achieve business goals.
- Utilize knowledge and experience while providing training to team members. Responsible for their individual performance and training plan.
- Work with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourage and lead team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit.
- Work closely with the Department Managers to ensure appropriate documentation and formatting of training materials.
- Develop teaching aids including training manuals, demonstration models, reference material and visual aids.
- Track, record, and maintain attendance records for all training conducted.
- Participate in creating, facilitating, and advising initial and ongoing training initiatives to inform and advise operations staff of practices and procedures and continued maintenance of existing programs.
- Assure that the team maintains quality standards and uses Eagle Flexible Packaging techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of personnel.
- Ensure that product quality, production, and overall productivity meet or exceed established standards.
- Assist the team in problem resolution and assure that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Strive to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/Sanitation policies and procedures.
- Employees must continually work to promote the orderliness and cleanliness of their work area in support of AIB/5’s and other company standards.
- Must be supportive of GPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Conduct research and analysis, and deliver training programs to anticipate training business needs and trends for new business in the future.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Increase efficiency through the development of multiple training formats: live, WebEx, computer-based modules, etc., per needs of the requester. Formulate training policies and schedules utilizing knowledge of identified training needs, company production process, business systems, or changes in products, procedures or services.
- Job Requirements:
- Must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
- Effective communication skills: 1-1, group and written.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong sense of initiative; confident in variety of settings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Make compelling training presentations to a variety of audiences using both remote technology and on-site resources.
- Ability to understand and present complex technical information to technical and non- technical audiences.
- Knowledge of web meeting and e-learning tools/methodologies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a converting machine operator.
- Extensive knowledge of flexographic press operations, related equipment, and minor maintenance.
- Experience as a trainer is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in an operations leadership position.
- Knowledge of standard curriculum development tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work a variable schedule, overtime and weekends as needed.
- Production experience is required and continued education is considered a plus.
- Proven decision-making ability, managerial courage, and time management ability.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
- A two-year college degree and/or extensive equipment-direct experience in the Printing industry are required.
- Occasional physical effort involving continuous or prolonged standing, bending, etc.
- Conditions frequently involve noise, fumes, and hazardous chemicals
Why work at Eagle Flexible Packaging?
We provide a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative team of flexible packaging specialists who are passionate about pushing the needle forward for some of the most influential food, liquid and nutraceutical brands in the world. We're fully committed to developing our internal team members to help them not only reach and exceed their individual goals, but also to help them grow as future Eagle leaders.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic, active environment, being part of a team and working hands-on with the latest printing and converting technology, then apply today!