Eagle Flexible Packaging
- Join our team and work with a strong and stable leader in the flexible packaging industry!
- Seeking candidates with strong mechanical aptitude, excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn and grow with our team!
- Looking for leaders, trainers and problem solvers! Many opportunities for growth and leadership roles!
- Traditional first/second shift with OT potential or ask us about the 3 Day Flex Plan – 3 days on/4 days off!
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching and medical reimbursement program
Converting Process Trainer
This position will be responsible for developing, managing, delivering and validating converting process training programs. Responsibilities of this role include leading on-the-job training (OJT) of staff as a subject-matter expert (SME), coordinating training schedules, training compliance monitoring, training system improvements and on-boarding new members of the production team. This position will also be involved in the technical writing of training documents as well as authoring/revising on an as-needed basis. Responsibilities also include developing and maintaining training metrics to drive performance improvements through collecting and providing training for key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Conduct training sessions to instruct employees on company processes, machinery on the plant floor, job training and individual coaching as required.
- Improve the overall operational knowledge of converting department to include best practices, basic knowledge of detailed aspects, enabling troubleshooting of problems or situations that may be encountered within the converting manufacturing and print processes.
- Lead and develop Operations Excellence work processes for operator training program and validation.
- Find and capture opportunities to innovate and improve created value to customers and company. Coordinate inter-departmentally within manufacturing and commercial capabilities to achieve business goals.
- Utilize knowledge and experience while providing training to team members. Responsible for their individual performance and training plan.
- Work with employees to maintain a safe work environment. Encourage and lead team members to work in a safe manner and to seek improvement in work practices for their benefit.
- Work closely with the Department Managers to ensure appropriate documentation and formatting of training materials.
- Develop teaching aids including training manuals, demonstration models, reference material and visual aids.
- Track, record, and maintain attendance records for all training conducted.
- Participate in creating, facilitating, and advising initial and ongoing training initiatives to inform and advise operations staff of practices and procedures and continued maintenance of existing programs.
- Assure that the team maintains quality standards and uses Eagle Flexible Packaging techniques for problem resolution through knowledge of product specifications and training of personnel.
- Ensure that product quality, production, and overall productivity meet or exceed established standards.
- Assist the team in problem resolution and assure that testing and product development is carried out in a professional manner.
- Strive to be technically proficient on the machinery in the department.
- Responsible for compliance with all facility food safety, food defense, and quality policies and procedures including product safety (GMPs)/sanitation policies and procedures.
- Must be supportive of KPI’s Mission, Vision, and Core Values (Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Relationships, and Teamwork).
- Conduct research and analysis and deliver training programs to anticipate training business needs and trends for new business in the future.
- Provide feedback to management concerning possible problems or areas of improvement.
- Formulate training policies and schedules utilizing knowledge of identified training needs, company production processes, business systems, or changes in products, procedures or services.
- Must be a leader with exceptional communication skills, good organization, and the ability to motivate people to perform at high levels.
- Effective communication skills: 1-1, group and written.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong sense of initiative; confident in a variety of settings.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to adapt to changing assignments and multiple priorities.
- Make compelling training presentations to a variety of audiences using both remote technology and on-site resources.
- Ability to understand and present complex technical information to technical and non- technical audiences.
- Knowledge of web meeting and e-learning tools/methodologies.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a converting machine operator.
- Experience as a trainer is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in an operations leadership position.
- Knowledge of standard curriculum development tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Office.
- Must be able to work a variable schedule, overtime and weekends as needed.
- Production experience is required and continued education is considered a plus.
- Proven decision-making ability, managerial courage and excellent time management skills.
- Must be quality conscious and customer oriented.
Eagle Flexible Packaging acknowledges that employees fulfilling this position are hired at will, and understand that their employment is voluntary and may be terminated by either party without notice. The preceding job description is subject to change without notice in the event the requirements of our daily operation dictate.