Eagle Flexible Packaging
- Join our team and work with a strong and stable leader in the flexible packaging industry!
- Seeking candidates with strong mechanical aptitude, excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn and grow with our team!
- Looking for potential leaders, trainers and problem solvers! Many opportunities for growth and leadership roles!
- Traditional first/second shift with OT potential or ask us about the 3 Day Flex Plan – 3 days on/4 days off!
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching and medical reimbursement program!
Under supervision of a maintenance technician of plant engineer, the maintenance apprentice is responsible for performing and participating in highly dynamic duties including, but not limited to the following;
- Continuous improvement classes and on the job the training
- Assist maintenance personnel in daily tasks
- Picking up/dropping off materials and supplies
- Food Safety related cleaning and preparation
- New equipment installations
- Troubleshooting equipment failures
- Equipment maintenance and documentation
- Organizing maintenance department
- Maintaining parts inventory
- Building and facilities maintenance
- Cleaning of equipment, docks, levelers, HVAC systems or otherwise as needed
- Ensure that all company food safety and quality assurance procedures are followed at all times. Escalate any issues/concerns to management
- Perform diversified tasks to install and maintain production machinery, supporting equipment, and facility equipment and machinery
- With training, learn to setup and operate various pieces of equipment to assist operators with set-ups and change overs as well as independently set-up for production runs
- Assist production personnel in equipment change overs, material changes and tooling changes
- Keep areas clean and organized for food safety programs, including cleaning dock levelers, dock bays, pressure washing building surfaces, cleaning HVAC systems (interior and exterior) maintaining a clean maintenance department
- Monitor and maintain detailed records of maintenance activities and parts inventory. Keep maintenance organized and parts in the proper places
- With the assistance of maintenance technicians, execute emergency/unscheduled repairs of production machinery, supporting equipment, and facility equipment and machinery
- Utilize computer maintenance management software to schedule and track your daily activities, work orders, maintenance and repair functions, and parts inventory
- Report all time and materials for repairs and the upkeep of inventory
- Under qualified technician, learn and perform maintenance skills including but not limited to, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic troubleshooting on production and building equipment
- Learn to read and understand electrical, mechanical and pneumatic schematics/drawings, and use for effective troubleshooting, and begin to implement as required in the position
- Communicate daily with Director of Engineering or Maintenance Manager with respect to repairs, faulty operations, defective materials or parts
- Communicate with OEM’s to assist in troubleshooting and reduce machinery downtime
- Perform building related installation and maintenance including, but not limited to furniture assembly, data/ power installations, plumbing and lighting repair
- Maintain detailed records of daily activities, repairs, and modifications
- Use a variety of hand and power tools to complete maintenance and repair tasks
- Operate a forklift to assist in heavy lifting maintenance procedures and repairs (will train) Drive company vehicle to pick up parts, relocate items or drop off for maintenance as needed
- Mechanical aptitude
- Safety Oriented
- Communication proficiency Ethical behavior
- This position is non-supervisory and reports directly to plant engineer
In the course of daily duties, the maintenance apprentice will frequently be exposed to humidity, as well as warm and cold temperatures as the seasons vary. There may be some exposure to safe levels of air borne ammonia as a by-product of the manufacturing process. The technician may also be exposed to high noise level environments (proper hearing protection will be provided).
The following description represents the physical requirements to perform the essential functions of the maintenance apprentice safely and effectively.
While performing the essential functions of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, listen and communicate effectively. This position requires a high level of activity including frequent walking, standing, bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing throughout the course of the day. Frequent lifting and or moving of objects up to 75 lbs. may be required. Pushing and pulling of loads may also be required.
Position Type/Expected Hours:
This is a full-time position with hours of work that may vary based on necessity, candidates skill set and/or emergencies. Ability to work overtime (1-2 days per month) is expected. Position is on call 1 week out of every 4 weeks in rotation for overnight/afterhours calls.
May require some travel less than 10%
Required Education and Experience
- High School Diploma/GED
- Relevant experience in trade or manufacturing environment
- Demonstrated ability to pass relevant aptitude tests
Preferred Education and Experience
- Degree or certification from craft apprenticeship, technical college, or other relevant educational institution
- Flexographic printing experience
- Film converting experience
Eagle Flexible Packaging acknowledges that employees fulfilling this position are hired at will and understand that their employment is voluntary and may be terminated by either party without notice. The preceding job description is subject to change without notice in the event the requirements of our daily operation dictate.