Packer/Catcher (Batavia, IL)
Under the direction of the Manager/Supervisor/Lead, the Packer is responsible for packing at the end of the packaging line as well as helping in the cleaning and set-up of the line.This position also requires adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMPs) that are in effect, assuring the quality and quantity of the product produced. This is a 2nd shift position--hours are 4pm-2:30am Mon-Friday; training will start on 1st shift (7:30am-4:00pm).
- Complies with company policies and procedures and maintains regular work attendance
- Ensures that the packaging line runs productively following all Packaging Operations SOPs and cGMPs
- Takes personal responsibility for following safety rules, SOPs, and cGMP guidelines
- Completes appropriate paperwork
- Monitors product from the line for accuracy and ensures proper packing procedures are utilized for shipment
- Catches all pouches from machine, inspecting each pouch for proper order and color
- Continually checks for printing, cutting, and packaging defects on all pouches
- Reports any quality issues or equipment defects to the line operator
- Apply labels to cases
- Ensures accurate quantities are packed
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment at all times.
- May be required to perform other duties as requested, directed, or assigned
- Good counting skills
- Must be able to read and review all paper instructions and labeling requirements
- Ability to work in a fast-paced production environment
- Required to transfer up to 45 pound cases to pallets frequently
- Required to stand for 8 hour shift and move about within the work areas
Why work at Eagle Flexible Packaging?
We provide a unique opportunity to be part of an innovative team of flexible packaging specialists who are passionate about pushing the needle forward for some of the most influential food, liquid and nutraceutical brands in the world. We're fully committed to developing our internal team members to help them not only reach and exceed their individual goals, but also to help them grow as future Eagle leaders.
If you enjoy working in a dynamic, active environment, being part of a team and working hands-on with the latest printing and converting technology, then apply today!