Eagle Flexible Packaging
We believe that good employees are one of our most valuable assets and your success in this role will be rewarded with possible advancement opportunities in the future! You will be joining a growing, stable and successful company that can provide you with a secure and long-term career!
Many opportunities for growth in this entry-level position – ideally this position will lead to a Printing Press Operator position.
- Seeking candidates with strong mechanical aptitude, excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn and grow with our team!
- Looking for potential leaders, trainers and problem solvers! Many opportunities for growth and leadership roles!
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching and medical reimbursement program!
Second Shift Press Set Up/Cleaning Crew
The ideal candidate will be a team player with a safety-conscious, detail-oriented, "whatever it takes" attitude. This person will demonstrate an understanding of the functions and basic mechanical workings of most machines under limited supervision.
- Set up, operate and dismantle a variety of non-color press and ancillary equipment
- Perform functional quality tests
- Fill all stations with cardboard and pallets
- Empty all trash cans around the press
- Replenish work bench
- Change all floor cardboard in plate room (as needed)
- Change PT Cleaner in plate room (as needed)
- Shaft and un-shaft cylinders
- Clean plates and sleeves
- Return all plates to staging area
- Help replenish process inks (weekly)
- Return all used inks to ink department
- Keep 55 gallon drum area clean (ink area)
- Keep core cutting area clean
- Help with press set up and clean up
- Help sink with cleaning as needed
- Change over press from one job to another
- Set rollers
- Clean all parts of machine after a job
- Ensure inks are ready for next job
- Clean cafeteria
- Assist around the plant and on the press
- Assist with special tasks and other press-related duties as needed
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- High mechanical aptitude desired
- Detail oriented, committed and willing to learn
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and climb a ladder and stairs
- Must have excellent color perception and be able see with or without corrective lenses
- Must be able to complete standard ruler test
Post Training Expectations:
- Meets all initial criteria
- Measurable improvement in department productivity and reduction of waste
- Right attitude, desire to learn, adhere to processes, cleanliness and tidiness
- Good timekeeping, attendance, personable and honest
- Willing to do whatever is needed to keep production running smoothly
Eagle Flexible Packaging acknowledges that employees fulfilling this position are hired at will and understand that their employment is voluntary and may be terminated by either party without notice. The preceding job description is subject to change without notice in the event the requirements of our daily operation dictate.