Eagle Flexible Packaging
Eagle Flexible Packaging is growing and seeking candidates with a willingness to learn a variety of manufacturing equipment and serve as a lead machine operator. We believe that good employees are one of our most valuable assets! You will be joining a growing, stable and successful company that can provide you with a secure and long-term career.
- Seeking candidates with strong mechanical aptitude, excellent work ethic and a willingness to learn and grow with our team!
- Looking for leaders, trainers and critical thinking problem solvers! Many opportunities for growth and leadership roles!
- Outstanding benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k matching and medical reimbursement program!
Second Shift Senior Lead Machine Operator
- With proper training learn to set-up and operate various Converting Department machines including but not limited to: Totani Poucher, Bartelt Poucher, Karlville Poucher, Deacro Slitter and Rotoflex Slitter machines
- Assist machine operators with set-ups and job change overs as well as independently set-up for production runs
- Assist production personnel and machine operators with material and tooling changeovers on a variety of equipment
- Serve as the lead team member in the department to continuously monitor machines to ensure they are running efficiently, effectively and finished product meets all quality standards
- Responsible for trouble shooting any problems that arise and assuming a constant state of critical thinking and planning to avoid potential problems, quality issues and/or downtime
- Assist with equipment preventative maintenance as needed
- Understand all applicable operational documentation and machine interfaces
- Know where all safety stops and E-stops are located
- Maintain an orderly and organized work area at all times in addition to maintaining company policies for food safety programs and SQF certification.
- Collaborate effectively with all team members to include Quality Control, Catchers, Material Handlers and other Machine Operators and exhibit proper judgment when bringing any escalating concerns or issues to management.
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- High mechanical aptitude required
- Ability to set-up and operate pouching and converting equipment
- Minimum 3 years of operational experience preferred
- Detail oriented, committed and willing to learn
- Positive attitude, excellent work ethic, self-directed, critical thinker and problem solver, good leader, teacher and mentor to junior operators
- Must be able to sit and stand for prolonged periods of time
- Must be able to stoop, kneel and climb a ladder and stairs
- Must have excellent color perception and be able see with or without corrective lenses
- Must be able to complete standard ruler test
Eagle Flexible Packaging acknowledges that employees fulfilling this position are hired at will, and understand that their employment is voluntary and may be terminated by either party without notice. The preceding job description is subject to change without notice in the event the requirements of our daily operation dictate.